Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Common Pittsburgh Disorder...

A guy took a new job in Pittsburgh. His commute was a tiring array of tunnels, bridges, and traffic jams. Thinking to make the trip more bearable, he invited some coworkers to share the ride. However, the commute actually got more stressful, especially the trips through the tunnels.

He consulted the company doctor.

"Doc," the frustrated commuter complained, "I'm fine on the bridges, in the traffic, in the day and at night, and even when Joe forgets to bathe all week. But when I get in the tunnels with those four other guys crowded into the car, I get anxious and dizzy, and I feel like I'm going to explode! What is it, Doc? Am I going insane?"

"No, no, no," said the doctor. "This problem is actually quite common in the 'Burgh."

"Tell me! What is it?"

"You have what is known as Carpool Tunnel Syndrome."

No comments: