Monday, April 11, 2011

Random Thoughts

In an effort to be more consistent with my blogging, I am going to start a format of posting that I've always enjoyed reading on other people's blogs:  some type of "random thoughts" posts.  Here goes!

  • In case you don't already know, I'm pretty pumped that baseball is back.  I don't obsess over it, but I do love to go to the ball park, and I love the beginning of the season where it feels like every team has a shot at winning.
  • It was sad to me to say goodbye to Billy Chester today.  (He's moving to Sweden soon, but moving home to be with family before he goes.)  I really appreciate all he has invested in helping us start Element Church.  God bless you, bro!
  • Jacki (our 10 year-old) is playing softball this year.  I am one of her assistant coaches.  It gives us some great time together, and it gives me another way to get to know people in the community.  Jacki is going to be a slugger!
  • We stayed to the very end of the Pirates game on Friday night.  Bucs won in the bottom of the 14th, but it was so COLD!  Great ending, and it was fun hanging out with everyone from Element & a couple former Revolution students.
  • JoLyn (our 15 year-old) has been in New York City since Thursday.  She is a majorette in the Shaler High School marching band.  The majorettes competed and won first place in the competition.  I'm really looking forward to her coming home tomorrow night.
  • Today I started working on my motorcycle.  I was able to get it started but unfortunately, the battery wouldn't hold a charge.  So I'll need to get a battery.  It's going to cost some money to get it ready to ride again, but I'll bet I save at least that much on gas once I get it running again.  I miss riding!
  • I have to say that I love serving at Element Church!  I am so proud of the great job that our pastors team has done over the past several weeks.  The last series we did, they did some team-teaching with me, and they all did an incredible job.  I am humbled that they work so hard outside the church in other jobs so that they can serve with me at Element Church.  They are truly "Lion Chasers"!

No comments: